Sunday, January 15, 2017

Cowardly Italian: Opera star Andrea Bocelli backs out of singing at Trump's inauguration after receiving death threats

 Angela George at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharongraphics/


What a punk!
  This has nothing to do with death threats. Bocelli is afraid of not working again.  This is McCarthyism in reverse.
Daily Mail reports opera star Andrea Bocelli backed out of singing at Donald Trump's inauguration after receiving death threats, The Mail on Sunday has learnt.

The revelation came as another singer – Broadway legend Jennifer Holliday – last night pulled out of the President-elect's festivities after being threatened and branded an 'Uncle Tom'.

When blind tenor Bocelli announced he would not sing at this Friday's celebration, it was widely reported it was because fans had said they would boycott his concerts and records.

But a source said the 58-year-old had been determined to 'press ahead' and sing but had pulled out on the advice of his security team after receiving threats to his life.

A source close to Bocelli, a friend of Trump's, said: 'Andrea is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk.' 


 More here

3 comments:

  1. I don't know where Daily Mail got this. Bocelli announced before Christmas that he wouldn't perform. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/arts/andrea-bocelli-wont-be-singing-at-the-trump-inauguration.html

    Fake news strikes again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't criticize this man too much. Being blind and the most vulnerable of citizens changes the "courage" equation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sensative to his disability. But, you gotta show guts in life. He's better than his decision to pull out

    ReplyDelete

FAIR WARNING-Due to high volume of Anonymous spam comments Anonymous comments will be automatically deleted. Spam is not welcome here.